Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Necessity is the Mother of Invention

I'm such a fabric hoarder. I keep everything: teeny, tiny scraps, old accessories, even old clothes thinking that someday I'll "upcycle" them into something fun and new. My goal is to visit the fabric store as little as possible. Instead, I want to find everything I need for a project in something I already have. It's a big dream and most of the time, it doesn't happen. I tend to look past what I have in favor of something "just perfect" which means more money spent and fewer things reused..

I found this article on CNN today (I'm a total CNN.com junkie) all about the company PFNC, who decided an impoverished communities could benefit from someone creating inexpensive but functional housing. Check it out here.

So basically, this is amazing! I'm completely inspired by the thinking....it's such a simple solution for such a great need. And while most people wouldn't find a shipping crate home "just perfect," I think the purpose it serves is much greater. I'm just in awe of the brilliance.

For more info visit their website: www.pfnc.net

No comments:

Post a Comment