Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Crafting: Hostess Apron

Only one last minute project this year: a sweet hostess apron for my mother (isn't she adorable folks?). The woman has everything so I always opt for completely frivolous gifts and I think this one qualifies! After all, it was her who always said "something made is always better than something bought."

I used Butterick Pattern #4945 but changed it up so the apron would be reversible (and I wouldn't have to do any stupid hemming...I HATE hemming and Christmas is just not the time for stupid activities you hate).

The concept was a little something she could throw on when company comes and she's doing the "around the kitchen" last minute preparations. She refers to herself as the "Queen" so I knew I needed a 50s vintage photo of a beauty queen with a silly saying. I used Avery transfer paper and the eyelet stitch on my machine. There is just something about turqouis and red together that I can't escape!
Anyway, here are some silly pics of it. I had to try it on and I actually think I'm going to make one for myself because I never make anything for myself. Merry Christmas to me!







No comments:

Post a Comment