Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wedding Photography and Crafty Quote of the Day

"You don't take a photograph. You make it." -Ansel Adams

I was inspired for this quote because I just received a brief preview of our wedding photos from the very talented and wonderful Debrah Woods of Inspiration and Design Photography based out of Roanoke, Virginia. Our photos are available on her blog:

http://inspirationanddesign.typepad.com

I talk a lot about making things and the thrill of seeing my creative visions come to life. Never in a million years did I think my wedding photos could be so infused with the same sense of creation.

I will say I am excellent at picking myself apart in photos (muppet face, fat arms, fat tummy, etc)...a model I am not. But looking at the photos, muppet face or not, you can see how happy Chad and I are to spend the rest of our lives making each other laugh. That is an amazing picture. He is dashingly handsome and I think I look kinda pretty.

So, dear brides, make your veil to save money. Say no to the bajillion dollar dress that you will wear once and if you had as much fun as I did, destroy by the end of the night. Make your programs, favors and just say no to all the ridiculous "oh but we have to have our names engraved on toasting flutes that match our serving set that match my garter that match the waistband of my fiance's wedding day boxerbriefs." Just say no to that never ending "gimmee gimmee" machine that is the wedding industry.

But do not skimp on your photographer. You are not spending money on your photos alone...you are investing in the unique talent and spirit of the individual crafting the tangible memories of this one very special day. I'm just sayin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment