Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wise (and Completely Random) Recycling!

Chad (via cellphone from work): Hey sweetie, what are you doing this afternoon?
Meghan: I'm using our brand new iron to fuse together grocery bags and make them into a type of tyvek like fabric which I'm then going to make into a little stuffed owl.
Chad: ....pause.... Okay. I'll see you when I get home.


If you would like to learn how to make the "fabric" go here! A few quick tips...you need about 6-8 layers if you're using grocery bags...they're thinner and will still feel like grocery bags unless you really stack them up. Target bags and other retail stores only need about 4 - 5 layers.

Random craft? Yes! Completely. Regardless, he turned out kinda cute! See if you can spot the retailers!




Almost everyone I showed him to just kinda thought I was nuts. So imagine my delight when a friend saw him and fell in love....she took him last night and I'm glad he's found a nice home.

1 comment:

  1. love him! he's adorable. you're so darn crafty it makes me want to vomit buttons and glitter. ha! i kid! but seriously...i'm totally jealous. -g

    ReplyDelete