Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day (or any day) Corsage

We were lucky enough to have my parents visit for this Mother's Day....that's them above! Instead of going out for brunch (it was also the local University's graduation weekend = madhouse at all local eateries), Chad and I cooked up a lovely brunch complete with mimosas, eggy goodness and key lime cheesecake I baked myself!

On a side note, my mother is really the one responsible for my crafting. She taught me how to sew when I was a kid, signed me up for arts and crafts camp, encouraged my wacky creativity and gave me my first (and only) sewing machine. So thanks Mom!

We completely forgot to get her flowers, so I had to improvise. Some ribbon, a good tutorial and a little imagination later and voila: A lovely corsage for momma!


I think I will promise to start doing my own tutorials...but truely the link above is where I learned this fun skill. It's really perfect for making brooches or even a whole bouquet as shown. If you like crafting with ribbon, Offray's main "How To" site is also really wonderful. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Well that looks lovely and so does your mama. Can I add that I am so glad that you used those beautiful glasses. Where did you ever get such stunning stemware!?

    ReplyDelete