Sunday, August 16, 2009

For the Love of Etsy - Lightboxes and Photo Drama

I LOVE Etsy....But one of the keys to operating a "successful" shop is having amazing photos.

This is something I've always struggled with as you can tell by the photos on my blog. I am currently using a Canon PowerShot SD1100...it's a great camera, but it's not a professional camera. So in order to better my chances of actually selling something, I needed a bit of help.


Enter Chad: he found this tutorial on building a lightbox.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK4VVGWmMUs&feature=fvw

So we purchased the supplies and the background for a total of $20. Not too shabby! I will say that my photos are better than they ever have been, but as far as being up to Etsy Showcase status, only time will tell. But if you're interested in selling anything on the internet, I think the investment is definitely worth it.


This is where the magic happens!

And this is an example of a finished product:

3 comments:

  1. YES! That was my husband and my's very first table...the $119 ikea special with 4 chairs. We have since upgraded.

    ReplyDelete