Monday, November 23, 2009

Crafty Quote of the Day: With a Thankful Heart

"Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed." Mark Twain

I think Twain is saying that if it weren't for the foolish, we'd have no basis of comparision for the brilliant. However, I personally am very thankful to be a fool. I think the life of a non-fool would be very boring indeed....and besides, wacky, out there ideas have to come from somewhere, right? Perhaps my completely lack of fear when it comes to failure is not such a good trait....but then again, how was anything remarkable ever created?

Every year we are thankful for those around us and all the good things in the world. Perhaps we should start including in that list something we have never embraced about ourselves....maybe I never become anyone or anything truely great. This year, I am going to be very thankful for what I do have: a completely foolish idealism about life and creativity....one that keeps me busy, smiling and pretty darn happy.

Now we're ready for some turkey and a 4 day calorie coma. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment