Saturday, March 13, 2010

Has it really been a year?!?

My sweet Chadson and I will have been married a year on Sunday and he's kept me smiling ever since. Unbelievable!

We didn't want to do extravagant gifts...because we never do that so I thought getting a little crafty would be good. Paper is the traditional 1st Anniversary gift and I want to try to stick to that tradition. And you know how I love a good paper craft! And for this one, I got to buy my new favorite toy...a Martha Stewart edge punch. Sigh...it's just so damn girly, I LOVE it.

My sister made us the most beautiful shadow box with our invitation, pictures and keepsakes of the day. However I realized we had nothing with our vows written out. Being the sentimental sap I am, I thought it might be nice to have those framed somewhere so we can always remember exactly what we promised each other.


I found a frame, picked out some corresponding paper and typed up our vows with a lovely script I found on dafont.com. For the center panel, I typed the poem that was read....I'm really quite pleased with the way the whole project turned out. I'm sure for future anniversaries we'll be able to do more, but for our first, I give myself a pat on the back. Not exactly what every man dreams of, but it's the thought, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment