Wednesday, February 23, 2011

We LOVE Wednesdays: Spats, Celebs and Small Shoes

Happy, happy Wednesday to us all.  Think of all the fun that's right around the corner....Mardis Gras, St. Patty's, Spring!  So here is some good Wednesday juju for you.  Check out my latest LOVES....

The featured Etsy shop this week is JoelmaSouza.  How to describe:  a party for your favorite pair of shoes?  Perhaps a little fancy for your ankles?  Or better, the perfect excuse to get new shoes without having to tell your husband you bought new shoes!  And with the latest trends, these are right on quirky cue.  Skinny jeans, leggings, skirt and tights?  Yes.  Yes please.  I'm super in love with the set below....and my birthday is coming up....oh lawd, someone hide the credit card.


Wednesday means we're closer to the weekend and closer to the Oscars!  What more is there to love than a red carpet, a glass of wine and the chance to judge others.  I feel obligated to reminisce about my favorite Oscar gown from last year.  I know she took a lot of flack from those snarky ladies over at E!, but I swoon when I look at this frothy Givenchy confection Zoe Saldana rocked.  Could anyone look happier and can anyone top her this year?  Me thinks it will be hard.


So I spoke a little in my last post about going vegan in an effort to improve my overall health.  Also, I've taken to the gym quite a bit lately and for the first time in my life, I can run.  Without stopping.  Without feeling like I'm going to keel over a die.  While I was there this week, I set my iPod on Glee.  Before I knew it, I had ran a 5k.  I'm sorry, what??!!??  So today, I love Rachel Berry.  She totally kicks my ass.


And for some DIY love, I share my favorite baby shoe pattern of all time.  These little guys are precious and so easy to make.  I'm in love with the idea of giving a mom to be a box full of teeny shoes in different patterns and colors.  So sweet.


My last love is a wee bit more serious.  I'm sure everyone has read about the malicious act of vandalism that occurred in Auburn, Alabama.  I have close ties to that area and while I'm not a fan of Auburn football but rather married to die hard Bama fans, I've had the privilege of seeing those lovely old oaks rolled in victory TP.  So, I encourage you all to visit Tide for Toomers and donate a dollar or two in the name of tradition and more importantly, good sportsmanship.  I think you'll see from the number of fans, there is no question Bama fans greatly respect their rivals.  The state of Alabama has its problems as any place does, but one thing it does not lack in is kindness, passion and tradition.  What was done was done, but tomorrow always holds something new, something brighter and something else worth loving.

1 comment:

  1. Sports betting system generates +$3,624 PROFIT last week...

    Z-Code System winning bets and forecasts for NFL, NBA, MLB and NHL...

    ReplyDelete