Sunday, March 13, 2011

DIY Baby Gift: Personalized Onesies

That was me singing some of the Biebs, just for you.  I just love a baby gift.  Babies freak me out, but baby gifts are great.
One of my wonderful Salem “Sisters” and her husband are having a little boy and I get so excited when smart people decide to breed!!  The mother and father to be are completely calm, collected and excited.  The dad to be even signed up for Daddy Boot Camp to do a day of practical learning.  I think someday, I will suggest Chad do the same (I already know he's going to be a brilliant father). 

I am often challenged with boy gifts as my go to is a doll (to be a lovely nursery accent until baby is old enough to play with it).  I decided to do onesie/burp cloth sets with cute things appliqued on.  The pieces were cut, backed with interfacing and hand stitched.  Unfortunately my machine is a bit too rough on fabric and ate the first onesie I attempted.  But that’s why they come in packs, right?  And I really don’t mind hand stitching...I find it relaxing and think it gives the finished product a nice touch.



So the five sets are as follows:  Mr. Lion, Guitars, a London Bus (as the daddy is an Englishman), a Tie and a proclamation of Salem Love.







This can be done by anyone.  I encourage you to try and be as creative as possible!  They’re so cute all tied up with a pretty bow.



No comments:

Post a Comment