Tuesday, March 8, 2011

We LOVE Wednesdays: Avery, Outdoor Chess and Captain Vegetable

Welcome back Wednesday....we were looking forward to seeing you again.


So what do we love this week?  Well, for starters we love Avery!  Avery is a sweet young lady who has been challenged in her life with hydrocephalus and cerebral palsy.  Her family has started an etsy shop, Avery's Gifts, to help with the costs of her therapy and other needs.  Avery's Gifts sells the cutest little baby blankets with the fun taggy things that infants go nutso over.  So head over, take a look at the cute stuff and throw some etsy love Avery's way.  You can follow her on facebook here and keep up with new goodies, buy some sweet squeaky shoes and see what she's been up to...which is a lot.  She's one busy young lady with a most infectious smile!!  I'm a big fan of this blanket with the hulatastic fabric.  Love it!




I really enjoy doing internet searches for cottage decor.  Why?  Because I dream of being this adorable at home all the time.  Sadly, not so...but I'm taking it slow and now have a direction for future decor products.  But this is going to happen when I have a yard.  Our townhouse only has a "soul patch", so no giant yard chess for me, but please let me live vicariously.  Someone needs to make this happen!




We had a delightful weekend in Maryland for my birthday and I would love to share with you something fun to do!  The Patuxent Wine Trail is totally quirky and full of small town charm.  So head to Maryland and spend a weekend of quiet fun on Solomon's Island and visit a few wineries.  It really was a nice break from the pace of every day life.
Speaking of weekend fun....how about some throw back Sesame Street?  I apparently do a dead on Captain Vegetable impression.  Don't forget to eat your veggies!!




For Christmas I got myself a Murfee Scarf from the Lilly Pulitzer in Charlotte.  And now that spring is on the horizon, I am not quite sure how I've lived without it.  It is so light and loverly, I can't wait to pair it with a sundress or a pair of rolled up boyfriend jeans.  I have a hard time not wearing it everyday with everything.


This week, instead of a tutorial, how about some crafty inspiration via Lindy at Cottage Hill.  Check out this amazing quilt top she designed and created from scratch.  It's amazing and so very inspired.  Can you imagine these little appliqued dresses put into frames and hung in a little girl's room?  Or maybe on pillows for a darling little cottage bedroom.  Her process is just fascinating.  And check out how the fabric dresses turn out so similar to the sketches.  This is more than craft...this is art.

Process
Product
Well that about does it.  But how about a little "do goodness" for the road?  It's time to turn off the TV people.


No comments:

Post a Comment