Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pinterest Challenge: DIY Dry Erase Menu Planner


Have I told you lately that I love you?  Meaning my new machine, of course.  My Cameo Silhouette is magic and I was thrilled to have another project to use it with.

Chadders and I are going to try to be better about grocery shopping, eating well and being prepared for our week.  Hence, I thought it was a great excuse to make a menu planner!  I saw it on Pinterest as a to do list, so I can't really take credit for the idea.  But here's the cool thing...glass is perfect for a dry erase marker.  So many fun things you can make with old frames.  Or new frames, in this case, as I had a specific need.

Enter a collage frame from the Lobby O' Hobby.  Never buy anything full price from Hobby Lobby.  Go in separate trips or wait until things go on sale.  I got this 50% off...because at full price, it was ridiculously expensive.


Add pretty coordinating papers!  I was excited to find another way to incorporate my kooky new kitchen color scheme.


Each 4x6 opening will be one day, with one extra for snacks and goodies we may want to remember to buy.  I feel like I'm always saying "ooooh, let's get this" and then I totally forget when surrounded by grocery store madness.  So during my week, snacks are getting their own frame.  I also thought, because this frame is metal, there would be a way to attach a grocery list pad, but I thought the snack space would serve us better.

Using my silhouette, I cut the different pages along with separate 4x6 cardstock rectangles for the backing.


Voila.  Such an easy project and such a great addition to the kitch.  I used ribbon and a Command Hook to hang.  Grab a dry erase marker and get to menu planning!






I would suggest a darker backing cardstock.  That might help it be a little more readable.  But at the same time, the lighter makes this project look like a pretty little art piece instead of the days of the week glaring at us.  Sooo, what's for dinner at your house?



No comments:

Post a Comment