Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Adventures in Thrifting: Dresser Refinishing 101

While I love to do tutorials, I also like to share.  And I HAVE to tell you...if you want to know how to refinish old furniture perfectly and all the tips, tricks, and tools you need, visit Centsational Girl and read this post!

I had my doubts that I could bring this back to life.  I mean, look at that huge gash and the top is some seriously shiny laminate.


So I handed Centsational Girl's post over to my husband and we followed it to the letter.  And the result couldn't be more amazing.




So I'll give it to you again in case you aren't convinced.  I don't feel like there was anything missing to add...just follow her excellent instructions.  To refinish beat up old furniture, FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS ON THIS BLOG.  Amazing.


The new knobs are from Hobby Lobby...they're always 50% off so don't buy them anywhere else.  The paint color is Behr Garden Wall.

An extra special thanks to my husband who is a true perfectionist and really, really good at a lot of things even though he doesn't always believe he is.  And I wouldn't have him any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment