Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Deck Planning, Summer Dreaming

This weekend, it was 60 degrees.  It was glorious.  Not once did I search, reach, wish for, or even think about a coat.  We spent time in charming Downtown Fredericksburg and for a few days, I forgot my winter worries.

Then today, it snowed.  Big ol' flakes.  It was slightly soul crushing.

So I did this instead.


The last two days, my husband has been planning to paint the deck and put up some privacy fencing.  Our deck is rather sad at the moment.  So I'm now decorating our future outdoor space, including a reclaimed old bike painted bright purple and transformed into a planter/outdoor wall art.  It might even call for a redo of my teacup herb garden!  If all goes as planned, sometime in the summer I'll be able to unveil my little townhouse's fancy schmany deck hideout.  Mother Nature, you're invited (but only if you get this winter crap under control).

No comments:

Post a Comment